Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mitt Romney Poops, Gaffes

I've been joking that whenever Mitt Romney has a bowel movement, it gets reported ad nauseum by some local media outlets (KSL Mittwitness News, The Salt Lake Mittune, Romney Policy Daily). So, to come across this tidbit is, well, funny:

"We had five boys that were 10 or younger. People used to say to my wife, 'And what do you do?' She'd look at them like, 'Are you out of your mind?' ... I was willing to change the urine-soaked diapers, but the messier types gave me dry heaves. So my wife allowed me to escape that. I came into my own as a parent when the boys were going into their teenage years. ... I grew up in a home where spanking was applied rarely, so I don't object to 'tapping.' Not to cause pain but to communicate displeasure. ... Even on the bleakest days, (fatherhood is) the most fulfilling experience of your life."


To a political staffer, Gaffes are like poopy diapers. Every candidate has them, and it gives you dry heaves to fix. So, Mitt Romney's Top 10 gaffes (so far), care of Ana Marie Cox in Time Magazine (Please note: I have changes the titles on these, and Ms. Cox elaborates on them more):

1. France is the enemy. (I wonder how the people he taught on him mission to France feel about that one...)
2. Battlefield Earth
3. Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm huntin wabbit.
4. "Liquefied coal, gosh. Hitler during the Second World War — I guess because he was concerned about losing his oil — liquefied coal. That technology is still there." (source, lest you think that was made up...)
5. Castro=Free Cuba
6. Ann Romney's position are not relevant to Mitt's campaign. (I actually agree with the sentiment.)
7. Seven Year Brides for French Brothers
8. Double Torture
9. No comment, I'm just a governor for 3 more days.
10. Let's not move heaven and earth to catch bin Laden.

Can you think of any more good gaffes?

-Bob

1 comment:

stubz said...

I'm liking some of your posts.

I'm glad not all mormons feel obligated to support Mitt.

http://utahronpaul.blogspot.com